Was Churchill a believer
SolomonW
2015-01-24 18:06:06 UTC
This question follows from a previous one I raised here.

As I read up on Churchill, I find very little about his religious beliefs.
You can read about his "Christian civilization," and he certainly is not
talking "Christian."

I heard an interview where it was claimed that Churchill stated it is a
mystery what happens after death.

Was he atheist, Christian, Deist? Was Churchill a believer?

---
Don Phillipson
2015-01-25 19:29:19 UTC
Post by SolomonW
As I read up on Churchill, I find very little about his religious beliefs.
You can read about his "Christian civilization," and he certainly is not
talking "Christian." . . .
Was he atheist, Christian, Deist? Was Churchill a believer?
If asked (and if willing to answer) WLSC would probably have
said he was a member in good standing of the Church of
England. He approved its established status and rituals, and
its traditions are broad enough to include people other Christian
denominations might judge unbelievers.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)
Bill Shatzer
2015-01-25 20:00:54 UTC
Post by SolomonW
This question follows from a previous one I raised here.
As I read up on Churchill, I find very little about his religious beliefs.
You can read about his "Christian civilization," and he certainly is not
talking "Christian."
I heard an interview where it was claimed that Churchill stated it is a
mystery what happens after death.
Was he atheist, Christian, Deist? Was Churchill a believer?
Like many folks, he doesn't fit into any religious pigeon hole and his
beliefs or lack thereof varied over time.

A good summation is here

http://tinyurl.com/la3sznv