No longer a bridge at Remagen
a425couple
2016-06-12 17:40:25 UTC
There is no longer a bridge at Remagen.
It appears there is no longer any bridge accross
the Rhine from Bonn to Weißenthurm, Germany (43km).
On the south/west side, two of the old towers of the
WWII famous Ludendorff bridge still stand, and they
hold a museum.
We will be near Spa Belgium this April.
We are currently considering a drive from Remagen
up the river road to Bingen.
Anyone care to tell us of great things you enjoyed
seeing from there through France?
Andrew Chaplin
2016-06-14 18:38:50 UTC
Post by a425couple
We will be near Spa Belgium this April.
We are currently considering a drive from Remagen
up the river road to Bingen.
Anyone care to tell us of great things you enjoyed
seeing from there through France?
This only appeared on Eternal September's servers yesterday.

Where did you wind up going? I see that one of the possible routes from Spa
to Remagen would have taken you through the area of the Battle of the Bulge,
including Malmedy and St-Vith.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO