WW2 USArmy Personnel record
csmdave
2013-07-27 03:49:29 UTC
When I joined in 1942 we each had a small book with our military records.
I saw mine once and I remember my CO's evaluation of me (average)
and other data.
This booklet had a common name which I eludes me -
anybody know what we used to call that?
No, it wasn't the Sick Book.
csmdave
Rich
2013-07-27 14:30:30 UTC
Officer's records were kept in their "201 File"; enlisted had a Paybook. That's all I am aware of.
csmdave
2013-07-29 03:57:25 UTC
thanks but nope, Paybook doesn't ring a bell but I'll keep thinking. There's only one guy left from my unit and unfortunately, he's in no condition to ask.
a425couple
2013-07-30 15:50:28 UTC
Post by csmdave
When I joined in 1942 we each had a small book with our military records.
--- This booklet had a common name which I eludes me -
anybody know what we used to call that?
Different time, different service branch, but I'll offer some words
that might launch other thoughts,

SRB = Service Record Book / OQR = Officer Qualification Record
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officer_Qualification_Record
or,,,, ? Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF)
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/agencies/ompf-fed-agency.html

And meanwhile to show lack of memory:
As I recall, when transfered from one unit & base to another,
the important main document packet (? name) went by
official service 'mail', while another skinney folder with just
some important basics (? name) went with the officer.