Gimme the list kid
Alan Meyer
2015-12-28 01:06:11 UTC
Alright kid, you did good for me in the past and now your ol sarge
is gonna do good for you.

As you know, we're landin' in France tomorra mornin'. I'm gonna
let you take anythin' you want with you. You want a BAR, Garrand,
carbine, Thompson, 45, 38, ammo, hand grenades, rifle grenades,
anythin' you want, and in any combination. If the armory has it and
you want it, it's yours. I hear they've even got some of those
paratrooper carbines with the folding wire stocks, and that new
thing looks like a grease gun.

Now for me to get this stuff for ya, I've gotta get the Captain's
signature on the requisition. So you gotta write down exactly what
you want and why you want it rather than sumpthin' else. This is a
one time deal and you may not get a chance to change later on. So,
just in case, pick sumpthin' you're gonna be happy with all the way
to Berlin. And lemme know how much ammo you want too, but be
careful, you don't wanna hit the beach with so much stuff you sink
in the ocean or have to waddle through Jerry's MG fire to a safe
spot.

Write it up and I'll try to get it for ya.

Sarge
d***@gmail.com
2015-12-29 21:35:13 UTC
Post by Alan Meyer
[...]
Some Troops had so much stuff on themselves they literally drowned from the weight of it all.