Heinz Altmann
m***@gmail.com
2014-03-06 05:15:10 UTC
Some of you who have been with this group a long time will
recall German veteran Heinz Altmann.

I am sad to report that Mr. Altmann passed away on January 26.
A Google search on his name will turn up an obituary at mpnnow.com.

-- Mike Woods
Diogenes
2014-03-06 23:43:32 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Some of you who have been with this group a long time will
recall German veteran Heinz Altmann.
I am sad to report that Mr. Altmann passed away on January 26.
A Google search on his name will turn up an obituary at mpnnow.com.
-- Mike Woods
I always enjoyed Mr. Atmann's comments, which were interesting,
reasoned and intelligent. His perspective from the "other side of the
MRL" was a valuable learning tool for us all.

May the sod lay lightly upon his grave.
----
Diogenes

The wars are long, the peace is frail
The madmen come again . . . .
Jim H.
2014-03-09 18:38:36 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
I am sad to report that Mr. Altmann passed away on January 26.
A Google search on his name will turn up an obituary at mpnnow.com.
-- Mike Woods
I really enjoyed reading about his wartime experiences.
His posts here always carried a ring of truth, without
any bitterness, excuses, or chest-beating. May he rest in
peace. His absence will be felt.

Jim H.
m***@netMAPSONscape.net
2014-03-10 16:09:33 UTC
Post by Jim H.
Post by m***@gmail.com
I am sad to report that Mr. Altmann passed away on January 26.
A Google search on his name will turn up an obituary at mpnnow.com.
-- Mike Woods
I really enjoyed reading about his wartime experiences.
His posts here always carried a ring of truth, without
any bitterness, excuses, or chest-beating. May he rest in
peace. His absence will be felt.
I saw him interviewed on one of those History Channel specials once; I remember
telling my wife "hey, I know that guy!".

Yeah, too bad. I always learned something from his perspective on this group.

Mike